Considering New Hampshire?
You may be considering, “How do I know if ‘Church Planting’ is where God wants me?” Welcome–You are in good company! Virtually all effective church planters began with lots of questions they couldn’t completely answer about their place in this ministry.
While you are considering next steps and seeking God’s direction, the New Hampshire Team wants to provide resources to help discern this calling. Below you will find some helpful self-assessment tools, as well as links to online pre-assessment tools from the North American Mission Board (NAMB).
One great resource is the “Discovery Tools” workbook. You can download this book online by clicking the link below. This workbook asks a number of questions about your calling, spiritual giftedness, and passion for ministry. Answering these questions will give you and us a better understanding of how you fit into Church Planting ministry. There’s even a condensed online self-scoring version of Discovery Tools (see link below).
Discovery-Tools click here to launch pdf.
Discovery Self-Assessment (web quick test)
- Please click this link
- Read the page and then click on the link that says “Quick Test”
- Take the test
- Answer the last question “Yes” (Do you want the results of this test emailed to a specific individual or group?)
- Enter and re-enter this email address: email@example.com
- Save and continue
- Complete the Quick Test
Whether you think you are ready for the next steps or not, NAMB would like to know of your interest in church planting and to assist you in the consideration phase. Follow the steps below to be directed to the NAMB website, where you can express interest in further counsel, take additional inventories and explore events like the Send North America Conference and developmental tracks like Student Missions, Church Planting Internship or Church Planting Apprenticeship.
- Click the link for www.NAMB.net.
- Click on the “Mobilize Me” button.
- Click on the “Becoming a Church Planter,” “Adult Missionary Opportunities” or “Student Missionary Opportunities” button.
- Select your area of interest/inquiry: Lead Planter, Apprentice, Team Member, Summer Missionary, etc.
- You will be directed to register or to login and to provide some personal and contact information.
- If asked “Are you working with an SBC-related partner?” answer “yes” and provide that information or “New Hampshire Baptist Association” and the name of the person you have spoken with in New Hampshire.
- You should receive a follow-up call from someone in the Atlanta office, who will notify our New Hampshire Team that you have registered with NAMB.
- We will be in touch as you progress through this process.
The Church Planting Village website has other helpful information: www.churchplantingvillage.net